1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
5 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup crushed almonds
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. With a fork or your hands, cut in softened butter to make a crumbly mixture.
2. Set aside 1/3 cup of this mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of two 8 x 8 inch baking pans. (Optional: Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.)
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla in large mixer bowl and blend until smooth. Pour over baked or unbaked crust.
4. Sprinkle with reserved topping and crushed almonds. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes.
5. Cool before cutting into bars.
Makes 32 Bars.
*The bars were very thin with making two pans, so I might throw everything into one the next time I make these*