Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Semester wrap-up and exciting Fall news!

I have 2.5 weeks left in my 3rd semester of library school.  Unlike 1st term, which went by a torturous snail pace, this semester has gone by quickly, which is a relief! I NEVER want to do another semester like 1st semester EVER again.  Thankfully 2nd and 3rd semesters finally allowed us room for electives, and I have been able to tailor my program to suit my interests: children's librarianship! Today I finalized a topic with my supervisor to do an Independent Study in the Fall. If all goes according to plan, I will be researching dual-language picture books. You mean I get to do a WHOLE course on picture books? Love Love Love! I also ranked the last two classes of my MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science) career: Public Libraries in the Community and Consumer Health Information Sources and Services.  This week was the week of 4 due dates, and I have completed 3/4! After this week I only have 1 project left, and then I have almost a month off! I am going to Montreal for a week to see friends and my nephew, and to my alma mater , Bishop's in Sherbrooke to see friends who are still in the area.

Much to look forward to!

Bisous,

LFB

No comments:

Post a Comment