Somehow or other, I started reading a lot of personal finance blogs. Must have something to do with being a poor student and dreaming of the day when I will not be a poor student. Something like that. My favourite PF blogger is Krystal, over at Give Me Back My Five Bucks. Not only is she a fellow Vancouverite (ok so I'm a bit of a cheater) but she explains things in clear straightforward terms (I'm not the brightest crayon in the box over here lol). I'm trying to win her "500 Give Me Back My Five Bucks competition" sponsored by Life Insurance Finder, the life insurance experts All I have to do is blog about my financial bucket list so here it goes:
1) Live within my means (which are microscopic right now). This means not buying something unless I absolutely need it.
2) Create a real legit looking budget and stick to it
3) Find an app to track my spending-trying Piggy right now. I really want to know what I'm spending!
2) Avoid putting new charges on my credit card if I can help it (meaning pay for flights home for holidays ONLY)
2) Get a job in my field after obtaining my Master's and pay off my student loans.
3) Save for a car
4) Start an emergency fund
5) Build (okay, from scratch) my savings
6) Save for a down payment on a house
Obviously some of these are short-term and some are long-term, but there you go! You can enter over at GMBMFB now!